Qualified individuals with appropriate experience and training provide personal care and homemaking services for clients requiring live-in services. Reports to Scheduler and/or Scheduling Supervisor.
To provide paraprofessional services to meet client’s personal care, and/or housekeeping needs closely related to the client’s personal care needs on a live-in basis.
- Must be have at least one (1) year of employment experience as a homemaker/companion, home care or personal care aide, or life experience as a homemaker.
- Must be CNA or RNA in the State of California or meet the agency requirements for a personal care worker.
- Have completed Nursing Delegation training (preferred).
- Have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Ability to communicate with clients and to remain calm under stress.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Physical ability to lift and transfer clients.
- Ability to live in a client’s home twenty-four (24) hours per day and maintain a professional relationship with the client and/or family.
Performance Responsibilities and Standards:
- Safely and appropriately assist clients with personal care activities, including:
- Baths (sponge, tub, shower and bedbath)
- Oral hygiene
- Skin care and foot care
- Grooming of hair (shampoo and combing), shaving, and ordinary care of nails
- Assistance with elimination (bedpan, commode, toilet)
- Transfers and ambulation
- Dressing and undressing
- Catheter and ostomy care
- Medication assistance
- Perform light housekeeping, administrative, and other household tasks related to the client’s personal care, including:
- Light housekeeping
- Changing linens
- Planning and preparing meals
- Assist with feeding, as needed
- Grocery shopping
- Transportation to physician visits and other activities.
- Provide services following the Home Care Plan of Service.
- Use equipment and supplies safely.
- Remind, monitor, and encourage range of motions and other procedures as instructed by any professional staff.
- Maintain a written log and receipts of client monies used for purchase of goods and materials used in the care of the client.
- Report any change in the client’s condition to the supervisor.
- Perform client related tasks eight (8) hours per day, is available to the client recreationally eight (8) hours a day, and is able to sleep eight (8) hours at night with minimal interruptions.
- Accurately document services and submit documentation in a timely manner, per agency policy.
It is the policy of Amada Senior Care to base hiring and job performance decisions solely on an individual’s ability to perform essential job functions. Persons with disabilities are eligible for this or any position provided they can perform those functions with reasonable accommodation.