Qualified individuals with appropriate experience and credentials provide personal care attendant and homemaker services.
To identify the requirements and duties of personal care workers for Home Care clients. Reports to Schedulers and Scheduling Supervisor.
- Must be a currently Certified Nursing Assistant or Home Health Aide
- Must have extensive Caregiving/Custodial references.
- Must show the ability to read, write, and follow oral and written instructions.
- Have a valid state driver’s license or have access to public transportation.
- Completed orientation and Amada U. training.
- Ability to communicate with clients and to remain calm under stress.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Physical ability to lift and transfer clients
- Cell phone and has reliable transportation.
- Owns a car and has a safe driving history.
- Successfully passes Amada background check.
Performance Responsibilities and Standards:
- Assist with personal care activities including:
- Baths (sponge, tub, shower and bed bath)
- Oral hygiene
- Skin care and foot care
- Grooming of hair (shampoo and combing), shaving, and ordinary care of nails
- Catheter and ostomy care (Empty Only)
- Transferring (bed to chair, wheelchair and shower, etc.)
- Dressing and undressing
- Medication assistance
- Assist with household tasks necessary to the client’s health care needs, including:
- Planning and preparing nutritious meals
- Assisting in feeding client, as appropriate
- Light housekeeping of client’s environment, including linens and making bed
- Laundering client’s clothing and bedding
- Other household duties, as may be required
- Measure and record oral, rectal, auxiliary temperatures, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure, as instructed.
- Use equipment and supplies safely.
- Monitor, observe, and encourage range of motion exercises and other procedures as instructed by any professional staff.
- Maintain a written log with receipts of all client money used to purchase goods or materials for the client’s care.
- Report any changes in client’s condition to the Supervisor.
- Document care provided consistent with agency requirements.
- Perform other duties as requested.
It is the policy of Amada Senior Care to base hiring and job performance decisions solely on an individual’s ability to perform essential job functions. Persons with disabilities are eligible for this or any position provided they can perform those functions with reasonable accommodation.